We are looking forward to welcoming you back!
We are excited to welcome you back and want to provide you with important information about the enhancements and protocols that have been put in place to ensure your health and security in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
In compliance with the provincial guidelines, Dr. Pearlman and the PearlMD Team have instituted extensive protocols, procedures and precautions. We have spent the past many weeks planning and preparing extensively to be able to welcome you back securely and safely. Protecting you, our patients, is our utmost priority along with protecting our staff and our community at large. It is our intent, to warmly welcome you back into the safest environment possible.
To help with our mission of protecting your health and wellbeing, we are asking for your trusted partnership. By participating in a virtual consult to plan your treatment, and a pre-visit triage by phone along with completion of our COVID-19 screening questionnaire prior to your appointment and by abiding by our protocols and procedures described below – you will play a vital role in ensuring safety for all.
Please read the following details carefully outlining our new procedures and enhanced protocols for infection control.
Prior to your visit:
- Virtual Consults for pre-treatment consults and follow up care
- Pre-visit health assessment with our nurse 1-2 days prior to appointment
- Pre-visit COVID-19 Screening questionnaire
- Pre-payment options to allow touchless check out
- You will be asked to arrive masked (a mask will be provided to you if not otherwise available)
- Please arrive with hair pinned back and your face clean without make-up
Upon your arrival you will find:
- Secured doors with notice alerting visitors to our enhanced precautions
- Only patients with booked appointments allowed to enter. We can not allow any guests to accompany you (even children)
- You will be asked to wear a mask and hand sanitizer will be provided (please do not wear outside gloves)
- Nurse triage at our door, repeated COVID-19 Screening questionnaire
- Biometric assessment including temperature and oxygen level check
- To minimize contact with staff and the clinic, you will be escorted directly to your treatment chair
- To allow for physical distancing, we have limited the available treatment rooms and reduced the number of patients seen per day
- All staff involved in treatment will wear respirator masks (N95) and face shields
- Should your mask need to be removed for treatment, we will provide you with nasal plugs and breathing filters to allow continuous protection
- You will be secured throughout and your experience will be touchless
Enhancements to our Clinic Environment:
- Physical distancing measures in place
- Wait areas and our snack bar will be closed off
- Increased cleaning and disinfection
- Enhanced air filtration and ventilation
- Optimized infection control measures
- Sterilization of all equipment and surfaces
- Physical barriers at concierge desk
- New virtual payment option
While the general risk to the public for significant illness related to COVID-19 is low, we commit to the highest standard of infection control measures to ensure your safety. We plan to make your experience comfortable and enjoyable. Despite the masks and measures, we will welcome you back with the warmth and a personal touch that have always been key to our approach.
We are prepared to confidently welcome you back and couldn’t be more excited to do so!
If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we are here for you.
Dr. Jennifer Pearlman and The PearlMD Team